Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Card Sketch Wednesday #11

Can you believe we are more than half way through April already? I can't believe how fast this year is flying by.  Well it has been a great adventure starting this blog and creating cards but I didn't think through how time consuming it would be to come up with all the ideas and execute all of them by myself.  Sometimes my enthusiasm for a new idea/project gets to be just to much and I'm not as disciplined in the planning as I should be.  Well I've remedied that by asking a few people to join me in this adventure.

So starting Saturday, we will have new contributors to the blog.  These aren't professionals, just cardmakers like you and me, but they are so talented.  I'll introduce them on their first posts and hopefully they'll bring lots more inspiration your way.

And if that isn't enough excitement for a Wednesday, there will be changes galore coming to the blog over the next several weeks.  We'll be adding pages for each of the new contributors and a searchable database so that you can search by product used or technique or card theme. Exciting things are coming!

Now on with today's challenge...

Today's sketch comes to us from My Favorite Things.

So I played a with this sketch a bit and created three cards for you.

This one is closest to the sktech, but it is a one layer card.
I used Inkadinkadoo masking paper to mask off the scalloped circle.
I used Ranger Distress Inks to color the rest of the front of the card.
I used a black pen and my ruler to create the banner for the sentiment.

I turned the sketch and moved the banner for this one.  Used the same ink colors and masking technique
but I used the other portion of the masking paper to mask off so I could stamp the texture first.
I then stamped the birds and the sentiment and the notes.

Switched it up again by making it a square card. 
Give this sketch a try. It has so many possibilities.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment