Friday, May 15, 2015

Anything Goes Friday #15 Guest Designer Carey Payette

Today's Guest Designer is Carey Payette.


A little about Carey:

I am a wife and mom to 3 very busy boys. I am a Canadian, living in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio since Y2K. By day I am a software developer, and by night I am a guitar student and black belt in Taekwondo. I am lucky that my boys and I get to enjoy music lessons and the martial arts together.

I've always had a crafty streak although I am at both ends of the spectrum. I love to create using nothing but my hands, scissors, stamps and inks, but at the same time I'm a total electronics geek and love playing around with the latest in microcontrollers and sensors and dabble in home automation. I've been paper crafting for almost 12 years, it is definitely my creative outlet and is very therapeutic. I love making cards and preserving memories through scrapbooking whenever I get the chance (which isn't very often, so I make it count!!)


It’s Friday and it’s time for an Anything Goes challenge! This week’s challenge is to use a stamp set in a way that it was not intended. In this example, a feather stamp was used to create a palm tree.

The stamp set used in this card is Four Feathers from Stampin’ Up!. One of the feather images was stamped multiple times using the MISTI and colored in with Copic markers. The trunk was drawn in lightly with pencil then traced over with a Copic Multiliner and then colored as well. These areas were masked with Post-It Tape and the background was created using a variety of Distress inks and accented with a white uniball signo pen.

The card was finished up using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies along with Night of Navy and Peach Parfait Stampin’ Up! Cardstock. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings and stamped in Night of Navy ink.
Hope you have fun with this challenge!

Full materials list:
Neenah 110# Solar White card base
Neenah 80# Solar White for the stamping panel and mat
SU! Night of Navy card stock mat
SU! Peach Parfait card stock mat
SU! Soft Suede card stock (coconuts)
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies
SU! Owl punch for the coconuts
SU! Night of Navy Ink
Ranger Distress Broken China
Ranger Distress Weathered Wood
Ranger Distress Chipped Sapphire
Ranger Distress Mustard Seed
Ranger Distress Spun Sugar
Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade
Copic Hex Chart (Sandy Allnock)
Copic YG06
Copic YG03
Copic G14
Copic E15
Copic E35
Copic E37
0.3 Copic Multiliner
Unibal Signo White Gel Marker
SU! Four Feathers Stamp Set
Hero Arts Everyday Sayings Stamp Set
Post-It tape for masking
MISTI

Thanks Carey for your incredible card and another great use for those wonderfully popular feather stamps and diecuts.

Get creative today and think outside the box and use a stamp or diecut in a way that it was intended.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & Carey

1 comment:

  1. great idea! I have this stamp set! I will try this with my beach photos!! thanks

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete