Sunday, May 24, 2015

Clean & Simple Sunday #17

Welcome to Clean and Simple Sunday.

Denise has a very simple card for us today that just screams summer.

If you are going to do a simple card, embossing it can really make it stand out.  I tried something new for mine by inking one side of the embossing folder with white ink before embossing the yellow paper.  It did make the yellow of the lemons stand out a little more and put a subtle pattern on the rest of the yellow, which shows up more in person than the picture shows.  Next time, I might try applying the ink with a brayer and see what happens.  ~ Denise


My clean and simple today uses embossed foil paper from a paper stack by Hobby Lobby.
It also features a napkin layer.  I took the napkin apart so that it only had the colored layer and applied that to a piece of white cardstock that I had run through my Xyron 5" sticker maker.  I then stamped on the sentiment with VersaFine Black Onyx Ink and after the ink was dry applied Mod Podge to the entire front of the piece.  I allowed this to dry completely before attaching to the card.   ~ Theresa

Go make a clean and simple card today.  Have fun with it.  Try a new technique.  Ink your embossing folders or play with a napkin.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment