Sunday, May 31, 2015

Clean & Simple Sunday #18

Today's challenge is to create a clean and simple Father's Day card.

In preparing today's card for you, I discovered that I own exactly one stamp set that is appropriate for use an masculine cards and that it does not include any sentiments.  Normally when I find myself in this situation I just print something from my computer and use it, BUT and it is a big but, I had already started the card.  I'd already cut the mask, inked and blended, created a cloud stencil to use and had my train stamped and colored and fussy cut, before I went searching for a sentiment to use.

So do as I say and not as I do and gather ALL your supplies BEFORE you start your card.  Oh well, you live...you learn.   So I'll be on the hunt for the perfect sentiment stamp for my card between now and June 20th. That will give me at least a few hours to complete it before Father's Day.

Anyway, on with the card.  This is basically a one-layer card.  The only thing dimensional is the train. I stamped the train on both the card front and on another piece of white cardstock and fussy cut it out. The "extra" train is stamped in Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then I used by C3 Copic marker to color it in.  The "extra" train is a adhered with foam tape directly over the stamped image.

I can hear you...you are asking why would you stamp it on the project and then stamp and fussy cut it, just to add it on top of the already stamped image.  Well this train is very detailed and who wants to try and fussy cut all the train tracks, smoke rings, and tiny bits and pieces? Not me.  So I only cut the main image of the train and left the other parts of the stamped "flat" image add the details and dimension.  This technique is called Spotlight stamping or diecutting.


Here is Kathy's Clean and Simple card:


I used a kraft background and Stampin Up Adventure Bound DSP
and SU DS buttons in neutral for the accents.  ~ Kathy

I love how just a few simple things when used together can create such easy to create but eye-catching cards. 


Happy Crafting
Theresa

2 comments:

  1. Love it, so masculine and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love looking at masculine cards. I think they are the hardest to make. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete