Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thursday Technique #20

Today's technique challenge is tie dye.

Here is a video by Deb Valder that shows one way to achieve this look.

A little tip from us is to use a second piece of watercolor cardstock instead of a paper towel
when blotting the image and you'll have two card pieces instead of a pretty piece of paper towel and you won't have wasted any ink.


Here is Kathy's card using this great technique:
I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Stampin Up ink refills in Real Red and Basic Black.
The die that I used is Hexagon Hive thinlits.
The black embellishments are Bo Bunny Double Dot Jewels.
It took a few tries to get one that I was okay with,
but it was a card that took me out of my comfort zone, so that is good.  Have fun!  ~  Kathy


Happy Crafting
Theresa & Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment