Monday, January 11, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #1-2016

January's challenge for Mistletoe Monday is Recycled Christmas.  So take pieces of cards you received in the past and make them new again as part of a holiday card.

Let's see what Gracie & Anna have for us today.


I used a commercial card that I received last year (I normally scrapbook them but sacrificed one for the team lol)!  I masked and inked cream cards to call with green distress ink and mounted the torn pieces from the recycled card on cranberry cardstock.  I added a few rhinestones and a bit of raffia to complete it. ~ Gracie



The challenge was to create a card from Christmas cards that were sent to me from previous years.  I hang on to all my cards, just like my mom and grandmas before me.  I had a stack downstairs in the credenza and pulled those out. It was fun and very sad to go through them. Finding cards from those who are no longer with us.  I admit to having a serious crying episode before getting on to making this card.  

I cut out the snowmen and town, added a few 3D embellishments to the flaps and I think it turned out pretty good.   ~ Anna


Next Monday we will have more Recycled Christmas for you and introduce another new Design Team Member.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the Design Team

1 comment:

  1. I like both of the cards and Anna, you know I love to do box card, so this gives me something else to use for them.

    ReplyDelete