Saturday, March 5, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #8-2016

Today's Inspiration Saturday Challenge
is to use Washi Tape on a card.




I used Stampin' Up's Retro Fresh This & That Washi Tape.  I decided to try the herringbone technique and like the way it turned out.  After I completed the pattern, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Arrows e/f also by Stampin' Up.  I wanted to keep the embellishment as simple and small as possible so as not compete with the pattern, so I opted for a simple digital greeting from SU's Peachy Keen set.  I color matched it to the Coastal Cabana, So Saffron and Tangerine Tango found in the washing tape and cut it into a circle on the Silhouette.  That was too plain alone, so I matted it on a Soft Suede zig zag circle made with a cut file purchased in the Silhouette Design store.  I attached them with adhesive, but I also added an arrow from Stampin’ Up’s Hung Up Cute Clips and it finished it off perfectly and I adhered everything to a Soft Suede base.  Inside I made a panel which I left blank for a personal message save for a heart, also from the Peachy Keen collection.  I wasn't quite finished, though, because there was the reverse side of that clip just screaming for another matted circle (this time matted on Coastal Cabana); so I colorized a digital sentiment from the Seriously Awesome collection.

Theresa and the rest of the DT will be back in action starting tomorrow.
I hope you haven't minded me taking over this week.

Happy Crafting
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea to emboss the washi tape after it is on the card. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete