Thursday, March 3, 2016

Technique Thursday # 8-2016

Today's Technique Challenge is 
Alcohol Marker Coloring

Whether you use Copics or Spectrum Noir or another brand of alcohol markers
they take some practice to master. 








For this Copics challenge I used Mo's Digital Pencil image, Buds (boy and girl) because I just love them!  I printed them on water color paper and colored them with Copics.  I punched the corners with Stampin' Up's new corner punch.  I matched Stampin' Up card stock to the images and cut a mat 4" x 5 1/4", embossed them with Checkerboard and Petals-A-Plenty embossing folders.  I rounded two corners.  I banded each with Stampin Up ribbon, Night of Navy Seam Binding and Crocheted.  I created the heart greeting using the Print and Cut feature in the Silhouette using the AR Christy font.  I created a small box on each and attached it with Dimensionals.  
Inside I created the sentiment using the same font and corner punch.

Happy Crafting
Kim



2 comments:

  1. How adorable. Did you take some sort of class to use the markers? I have quite a few Spectrum Noir, but need to take a class or watch more videos to really make them better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No classes. Honestly, I wish I could find some to take but so far, nothing. I watch a lot of videos and try to learn from them. Mostly, though, it has been trial and error.

    ReplyDelete