Sunday, May 29, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #21-2016

Today's Clean & Simple Challenge
Chalkboard Cards

Here at CADC Blog we are starting our June schedules today and that means
we've got fun and surprises for you.

Surprise #1...Guest Designers

We have two for you this week.


Hi… I’m Maranda! 
I am a happily married 30-something who loves crafting! 
I’ve enjoyed art since a very young age and always wanted to be an artist when I grew up. 
I guess I’m living that dream out, in a way, after all!! I love all types of crafts – but I’d say my favorite is paper crafting; namely, card-making. It’s a creative hobby for me that makes me happy – and I love to make others happy by giving them a card which I made with love! 

Here's my card for this C&S blackboard challenge:

 For this simple card, I used a pre-made sentiment from the Amy Tangerine cardstock collection and cut it to fit the card base. I embellished with the green chalkboard-colored paper, of which I inked the edges. The green color reminded me of old school chalkboards, and the black chalkboard look with the "Love" sentiment looked like the trendy look in chalkboard home decor. So I mixed the two for an "old meets new" look! After everything was ready, I adhered it all together. Super simple and easy! 
The supplies I used on this project were:
Amy Tangerine Cardstock
Recollections Glue Runner
Stampabilities Black Pigment Ink Pad
Fiskars Paper Trimmer



My name is Mindy Karcher.  I have been happily married for 18 1/2 years.  I started scrapbooking about 18 years ago.  I have been making cards for 10 years.  I am a paper crafter addict..  I get my inspiration from everywhere.  Sometimes I just need to drive down the street, or look at a tissue box. I never know when an idea is going to pop into my head.


Black and Red cardstock, white embossing powder, versamark stamp pad, stamping buddy, red gems, stampin up flowering flourishes, and what I love stamp sets.

I embossed the flowers and the thank you.  I cut I piece of chipboard to trace for the lines.  I added the red cardstock and gems to bring in a little color.  I loved making this card.



I have a whole pack of chalkboard paper from DWCV, so I choose the green color for this challenge and stamped it with CTMH ink called Daisy White,  The cake stamp was from CTMH called Belated Birthday Celebrations and the sentiments and curlicues are from a set called Officially Old by Hampton Art. – Denise Sayers


Well, I have to say that I think we are off to a great start for June!
Maranda, Mindy and Denise all graduated with honors for this challenge.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT
and June's Guest Designers





2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the guest designers. Both cards are a wonderful start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome ladies! You certainly started off with a bang... Beautiful cards, both of them.

    Denise, I love the chalkboard card...very cool looking! "Chalk one up" to another great card from you!

    ReplyDelete