Thursday, May 5, 2016

Technique Thursday #17-2016

Today's Technique Challenge is the
Saran Wrap Technique.

Here's a video to get you started it.


Be sure to like the video and subscribe to Kelly's channel for more great card tutorials.

Now let's see how the DT members did with it.


I decided to try this in conjunction with a stencil that I cut on my Explore by welding 4 daisy shapes together.  Since the shape was sort of free form, I had to hold it with my fingers while stamping around with the plastic wrap.  I used a couple of blue inks from CTMH on the whole card and then stamped just in the flower petals with a dark pink and in just the center with a bright yellow.  The stamp is Enjoy the Journey.  I am not sure I liked this technique and probably won’t do it again with a stencil or might try different inks to see if it works better. – Denise Sayers


This was fun!  I used an image I received  in a swap.  I used Saran Wrap to sponge in peeled paint first, followed with salty ocean, then seedless preserves (all Tim Holtz Distress  Inks).  After I finished with the Saran Wrap I colored in the watering can, flower pots, spade and dirt with Spectrum  Noir  markers.  I mounted it on purple card stock then a white card base.  I added some purple metal accents.  I will be playing with Saran Wrap again! ~ Gracie

WOW! What different cards from the same technique.
Give this one a try for sure and we want to see your creations.
Post them on social media and #CADCBlog
and we'll find you.  
Your card just might be featured on the blog!

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT




2 comments:

  1. Gracie, your card is beautiful. If I try the technique again, I will probably try doing just the background like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technique is on my to do list so I was happy to see both of your beautiful cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete