Friday, June 24, 2016

Anything Goes - C.A.S.E A Card Friday #23-2016

Today's C.A.S.E A Card Challenge:




I found some patterned paper that I thought would work for this CASE card. It’s from the 6x6 paper pack Hey Girl from Basic Grey. The colours and small repeated patterned were similar to the CASE card.  I also used a darker gray background and lighter grey for the tag, cut with Stampin’ Up’s Ornate Tag Topper. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Love stamp set. I matted the sentiment with a red scallop to make it pop. I wrapped jute twine twice around the card and also used it to make the bow for the tag. ~ Sue 





Love card sketches and CASE challenges because you can make cards quickly!  For this challenge,  I used a Bo Bunny Madeleine  Collection  paper pad so everything  would coordinate  except the tag.  I die cut the sentiment ,  added some twine, a few black rhinestones  and mounted the card front  on a gray card base. ~ Gracie  





    


Every holiday my Brother and Sister-in-Law are hosts to anyone who wishes to come for dinner...it's always a wonderful day and the dinners are scrumptious!  So I made this card knowing I would need a thank you for yet another holiday dinner, thinking Thanksgiving in this case.  Now it'll make sense why I'm making an Autumn card in June.  Now to the card.  I used a Samantha Walker cut file purchased in the Silhouette store to make this card.  I paired Stampin' Up's Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze card stocks which work so well together for a fall card.  The cut file has partial cut lines for each leaf on the panel, so you pull the edges up to allow the Crumb Cake to peek through.  I wrapped the panel three times with Linen Thread (SU) before attaching it to the card base with pop dots.  I tied on the tag, embellished with a larger leaf, with the same linen thread.  I sponged the edges of the card and tag with Cajun Craze and stamped the greeting using the Falling Leaves stamp set by Stampin' Up (ret'd).  Inside, I created a sentiment using Time New Roman font, color matched to the Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla card stock, double matted on Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze.  
~ Kim from Katydid Cards


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

1 comment:

  1. Nice cards everyone and Kim, I love that you did a matching envelope. I have been trying to give a little more detail on my envelopes, but that usually just involves a stamp. Yours has more impact.

    ReplyDelete