Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #24-2016

Today's Sketch Challenge:





It’s me… and the blues again. I can never get enough birthday cards in my stash. 
The dots in the sketch made me think of balloons! 
So… I ombre-ed them up on a light grey background to blend it all in. ~Lisa
Supplies:
Paper: my stash… scraps…
Cardstock: Reflections(Michaels Stores); the rest from bits in my stash
Ink: Memento Dew Drop
Embellishments: Stickles




I used the Honey Bee stamp set from Honey Bee Stamps (I LOVE this set) and placed the Octagons on the card in similar fashion to the sketch, using WPLUS9 Old Gold ink.  I put Hayride ink color onto an acrylic block and, using a waterbrush, painted color in the center of the Octagons.  I wasn't being too careful because I wanted a messy, watercolor look that gradually lightened in shade.  Then I took my Waterbrush and splattered some paint onto the entire surface.   Next I stamped the honey jar, lid and flowers with Memento black ink on a separate piece of Neenah white cardstock and used my Copics to color them (I used a Background Stripe Technique on the lid, pretty cool!), then stamped my sentiment onto the jar, and fussy cut them out.   I placed them where I wanted on the card but, before securing them down, I lined up and stamped the cute bee and little loopy line,  and THEN I secured the jar, lid and flowers (on foam tabs) so it looks like the bee flew out of the honey jar!  I finished by coloring my bee and adding sparkle and glossy accents on top of him.  I trimmed the card just enough to let a little of the black card base peek out, and added sparkle to it.  ~Colleen


Happy Crafting

Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests


2 comments:

  1. Lisa what a great take on that sketch. Balloons are always fun and perfect in that layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interpretation of the sketch and a great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete