Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #22-2016

Today's Color Challenge:



I used a Wild Rose stamp 'Sleeping Bella". Sentiment came from Simon Says Stamp SSS-101372 Thanks for the Support.  I used the standard A2 size card on the horizontal. I stamped the image in the center using My Favorite Things hybrid ink in black Licorice.  I used Spectrum Noir markers to color in the stamped image to match the color challenge. I just picked straight colors to match except for the elephants where I used 3 shades of gray for the mama elephant and 2 shade for baby bella. The brown layered cardstock is 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" to create a 1/8" border. The focal piece measures 4" x  5.25" to create a 1/8" border as well. Then I stamped the sentiment on the bottom right corner of the stamped  image. All of this creates a clean and simple card for a great way to say thank you to friends or family. ~Tantalaya



With this card I used my Fly By Friends stamp set from MFT.  I used water color paper and colored the stamped images with Zig Clean Color Markers and cut them out with the matching dies.  For the back ground I used MFT’s Cascading Stencil and Dainty Scallop Cover die.  I put the stencil on the background paper and sprayed it with Perfect Pearls.  I used three colors and sprayed them randomly on the paper.  It was messy, but fun messy.  I fit the die over the paper after it dried to line up with the markings from the stencil and ran it through my Big Shot.  I glued together the back ground layers, laid down my flowers and bee.  I embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder on a piece of vellum and attached. ~Paulyne


I used Wplus9 on arches watercolor paper with my Daniel Smith watercolors. More information on my blog www.craftconfectionery.com ~Denise Soffa

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests




1 comment:

  1. Tantalaya, that card is the most adorable thing and the colors suit it perfectly. Paulyne, your card is so bright and cheerful it is sure to make someone's day. Denise I like those WPlus9 stamps and have been debating whether or not to get them, nice job.

    ReplyDelete