Thursday, June 9, 2016

Technique Thursday #22-2016

Today's Technique Challenge:

Tent Topper Cards





I made two cards from this challenge.

The first one is a little different shape.  Most of Tent Topper cards are round or at least that is what I found when I was doing some research.  So, you can use either one or both if you like.

The first one is a stamp from MFT.  I just created a wreath with various flowers stamped directly to the card.  I also used the sentiments from the stamp.  I didn’t want to make the top round, I wanted it squared with added flowers around the sentiment.  I added some sequins for interest. 

The second card is a birthday card.  This is a Lawn Fawn stamp.  I stamped and colored the bear, hat , birthday cake, and balloon with Copics.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I love that the little bear looks like he is holding the cake.  After I put it all together, I felt like it needed something else, so I added  the sequins. ~Paulyne




This card based off of Stamp Tv's youtube video is a Tent Topper Card. The card base is 4.25" x 8.5" fold on the 4.25". Base layer which is white cardstock measures at 4" x 4" and the Blue layer measures 3 7/8" x 3 7/8". Then I grabbed some black lace or ribbon from stash and cut out the die cuts for the top of the tent. I used circle dies and scalloped dies for the focal piece. I was going to only use the bigger of the 2, but when I started to put it together I realize I liked the layered look and it made it stand out. I used the stamp set designed by Gina K Designs exclusively for the #StampofApproval box. I used the butterfly and the detail stamp around the image from that stamp set. The sentiment I got from stampin' Up! set Six-Sided Sampler, next I  stamped it and punched it out with the window punch and attached that to the label punch and attached on front of the card with foam tape. the circle die cuts were attached with foam tape as well. The die cut that attaches to the card base only get foam put on the bottom half so you don't see it from the back. To finish off the look I added sequins in 3 different shades for added interest.  ~Tantalaya

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests





1 comment:

  1. I have not tried this technique and all these cards are wonderful. Once again both of you are inspiring me to put a few sequins on my cards to give them a little zip.

    ReplyDelete