Thursday, June 23, 2016

Technique Thursday #23-2016

Today's Technique Challenge:
Saran Wrap Technique
Click HERE for a video tutorial.



This card was fun to create. I had never tried the saran wrap technique before. I found it to be quite easy to do and made several card bases, none are the same even when I used the same colours. I used distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry).I found that I needed to stamp off both the spiced marmalade and picked raspberry as they tended to be so much darker than the effect I was going for. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Big Scripty Greetings stamp set. The flower is die cut using WPlus9 Flower Doodles die. It felt incomplete, so I added some inlaid orange to the flower and a few sequins. The card base is matted on black to add a bit of pop to the card.  ~Sue



Today's  challenge  comes from a YouTube video on the Saran Wrap technique.  It's  really fun, quick and easy.  You don't  have to  emboss your image if you use Stazon ink.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks Peeled Paint, just a touch of Salty Ocean, and Picked  Raspberry on white cs.  I mounted the image on moss green cs then a crumb cake card base.  ~ Gracie 



  


I've never tried the Saran Wrap technique, so I decided I would be a bit brave and try using it for a detailed image rather than a background.  Humm...while I wouldn't call it an epic fail, I wouldn't call it a success either but wanted to share the results with you as a learning experience...for all of us.  I started with a card base purchased in the Silhouette Store and changed it up a bit.  I used Blush Blossom, Glorious Green, Basic Black and Whisper White card stocks to cut the various pieces.  I used the Bordering on Romance digital image from when Stampin' Up had their My Digital Studio (still breaks my heart that they discontinued it) awell as the thanks and so much sentiments.  I used various Distress Inks to match the card stock.  I dipped my Saran Wrap into the ink and, with just the tip over the end of my finger, started dabbing until I was "happy" with the results.  I covered the flowers with some Wink of Stella.  There were definitely some marks where they didn't below as this technique did not lend it self well to detailed areas (what was I thinking?), so I also used some Sakura White Gelly Roll pen to cover the worst of it.  Then I used the Saran Wrap to lightly go over everything in a pale yellow.  ~ Kim from Katydid Cards


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

1 comment:

  1. I tried the Saran Wrap technique a few months ago for one of the challenges and I did not like the way it turned out. All of you did a much better job. Gracie your card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete