Saturday, July 2, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #24-2016

Today's Photo Inspiration:






Ok… I know it doesn’t look like much, but… I’ve been fascinated with Cricut Design Space’s Make It Now Projects (and because of the photo… I finally found something to use one for!).



SURPRISE! Here’s the INSIDE! I blocked the writing and inserted my own sentiment (still through DS), added a flag, and after the barn was built, scored it on down the lines. Some clouds in the blue sky, and there she is!  ~Lisa
Supplies:
Cardstock: Reflections (Michaels Stores)
Ink: Zig embossing (for front) and Cricut Explore Ink Pens (for inside)
Embossing Powder: ZING!



I was inspired by the vertical flag and distressed look of the barn.  So I went patriotic!  I embossed some distressed paper from Ranger with a woodgrain folder and then sanded it down to create that distressed look I liked in the photo.  I adhered that to a white cardbase.  Using a star stencil, Barn Door & Chipped Sapphire distress inks, and a technique I learned from Sandy Allnock's 9 Stencils in 9 Minutes, I used my blending tool to add color through the stencil onto watercolor paper, overlapping the two colors to create a third color.  When I removed the stencil, I had beautiful stars in patriotic colors! Using a mix of water and Perfect Pearls, I lightly spritzed the stars just enough to get the color to move, creating a loose watercolored look.  I dabbed the excess water off with a paper towel.  The final result was a shimmer (from the Perfect Pearls) of soft flowing color! I trimmed down the stars to look like a banner and attached it over the Woodgrain distress paper.  I accidentally put the banner on crooked (darn it), so to offset that mistake I put the big, bold sentiment "Home" on crooked, and there ya go! Error corrected! (I used that sentiment because I'm at home when I see my American flag), then added sparkle to the sentiment, and popped an antique star on for embellishment.  ~Colleen


We have had a great month and have so enjoyed the creations of our wonderful
guest designers.  Some of them will be joining us for July's Stencil Extravaganza along with 
a few more. Some will be sticking around as new members of the August - January Design Team.



Happy Crafting

Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests

1 comment:

  1. Cool inspiration. Both cards are great. Lisa you do a good job changing things up in Design Space. I like doing that too. Colleen, I love the distressed wood look on your card and will have to try that with my wood embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete