Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July Stencil Extravaganza Week 1 Challenge 2

It's time for another stencil challenge!

Today it is all about using creative mediums with your stencils.
So get out your Texture Paste, Embossing Paste, etc. and a stencil and let's get happy.



I’ve been “collecting” texture paste – matte, gloss, white, black. I’ve been a bit apprehensive to try. Then, along came this challenge – an opportunity to give it a try. You know what – it’s super fun! I started with Tim Holtz Layering StenciI and adhered it to a 4.5”x5.25” piece of white cardstock with post-it tape. I added spiced marmalade distress ink onto a teflon sheet by swiping the ink pad onto the teflon sheet and then using a palette knife added some white opaque matte texture paste. I blended the texture paste with the distress ink, leaving a bit of a color gradient. I applied the texture paste onto the flower parts of the stencil. Once complete, it is important to quickly clean off the teflon sheet, palette knife and stencil with warm water before the texture paste dries. I then repeated the process, this time with peeled paint and texture paste for the leaves and stems. I matted the card front onto a piece of a yellow/orange piece of cardstock.
The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks stamp set. ~Sue



Using a Fiskars stencil I've owned for at least 12 years and never used, I created the Happy Birthday with Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste on Rich Razzleberry.  Originally I planned on leaving it white, but I ended up coloring it with SU's Bermuda Bay to coordinate with the Bohemian DSP.  The card needed something else, so I used the Wishes embellishment I've had at least as long as the stencil, so it was nice to be able to use some old supplies.  I didn't create an inside for this card.   ~Kim from Katydid Cards

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests


1 comment:

  1. Sue, that is a beautiful design and I love the dimension on the flowers. Kim, the card is so cheerful and using up old supplies is a win anytime.

    ReplyDelete