Thursday, July 14, 2016

July Stencil Extravaganza Week 2 Challenge 2...Day 2

More Masking/Partial Stenciling today.


I cut this stencil using my Explore. The cartridge used was Gypsy Wanderings.  I kept the cut-out part to use as a mask.  I first put the stencil over a white piece of paper and taped off the flower part with painters tape to leave only the stem and leaf exposed.  I used Distress Ink (mowed lawn) to color that part.  I then put the tape over the stem and petals and used Distress Ink (Fossilized Amber) on that part.  Finally I taped off all of the flower except for the petals and used Distress Ink (Shuttered Straw) on those.  When that was dry, I taped the cutout of the flower over what I had colored making sure that there wasn’t tape where I wanted to put the second flower.  I then positioned the second flower to overlap the first and repeated the coloring process in the same way I did the first.  After I looked at it, I decided that it was a little plain and ended up tearing most of the paper from around the design and mounting it on a wood-grain paper from Altenew.  I just love that paper as the embossing on it is very fine and really looks like wood. The sentiment is from a stamp set called Happy Healing by A Jillian Vance Design.  I tied a piece of twine around it using a tip I read where you put little notches on the side using a hole punch.  It helps to keep the twine in place.  This was all popped up on foam and place on a kraft card. – Denise Sayers


Stencil - Tim Holtz scribbles
Sentiment – PTI ‘wet paint’
Distress inks – mustard seed & spiced marmalade
Process – I die cut a circle from a card front and used it as a mask. I laid the stencil over the hole and sponged on the ink. I then removed the mask and stamped the sentiment on top and layered it on a yellow card base. ~Tristan

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests

No comments:

Post a Comment