Friday, July 15, 2016

July Stencil Extravaganza Week 2 Challenge 2...Day 3

The designers have been having a blast working with 
stencils this month and we've got a few more cards for you featuring
Masking/Partial Stenciling.


Love this technique!   Can be C&S or really detailed.  I went for C&S.  I don't know the name of my stencil but I am pretty sure it is from Crafter's Workshop.  I blended Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Tim Holtz Distress inks on whisper white cs after masking off a rectangle for my sentiment (with a post it note).  I added the flower die cut  (can't remember source) and a swap abilities embossed die cut butterfly.   The stamp is from a Hampton Arts set.  I used Memento Richard Cocoa ink and clear embossing powder. Added some bling and mounted it on a whisper white cs base. ~ Gracie






Here's the card I created using masks made from a butterfly die.
I cut the butterflies out of masking paper and applied it to my paper, sponged with Ranger Distress Inks then stenciled them.
I then used the die cuts to mask off the butterflies while I stenciled the trees. 
I added the bodies with my black Copic Marker.
I'm not sure I like the results but, I'll try again.  ~Theresa

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT & Guests

No comments:

Post a Comment