Friday, August 5, 2016

Anything Goes - C.A.S.E A Card Friday #25-2016

Here is the card that both the designers had for inspiration in our C.A.S.E. challenge.


Robbie came up with this card - 



CASEing a card  is a great way to start if you have lost your mojo.  This was a great card to CASE.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I first had to look at the background  There was a white pattern on a colorful background.  I decided to see if I could use the Hardwood background stamp.  On a piece of 4” x 5 ¼” Whisper White card stock, I used Versamark to stamp it and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then used 3 shades of brown ink – Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso – to sponge color on overtop the embossing.  After I had my ink applied I used a paper towel to wipe off excess ink.  I then used the Wonderful Wreath framelits to cut the center out just like the photo.  I used some tear & tape to apply this piece of card stock to another piece of Whisper White card stock of the same size.  Using Wild Wasabi and the sentiment from the Birthday Blooms stamp set I stamped in the  center of the tree.  I mounted this onto my Wild Wasabi card base.  This is a great guy birthday card.  ~ Robbie

Here is Kim's version - 

This card is super fun and easy to create.  I started with a piece of watercolor paper.  The image is a Penny Black background stamp, inked with Versamark Ink and embossed with White Embossing Powder. Using Distress Inks, I inked the card as follows:  Wilted Violet, Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon.  I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5 1/4".  I cut the focal point with a die from Stampendous Fitted Farames A.  The sentiment is from Sugar Pea's  Enchanted Garden Stamp Set (SOA Beautiful World Collection). Adhere the panel to an A2 Card base, Stamp the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  Add embellishments.

I just love the C.A.S.E. challenges because everyone takes a different view of the same card and makes it their own, so you end up with totally unique looks. CASE this card and let us know what you come up with. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment