Saturday, August 6, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #25-2016

The inspiration for today's challenge is this photo.

Kim is first with this card - 

In my opinion, the inspiration photo conveys classic elegance.  This provided a perfect opportunity to use one of my favorite stamps:  Singer's Muse by Penny Black.  The background is painted with white gesso.  I placed two puddles of white gesso onto my non stick craft mat.  Then I sprinkled Ken Oliver's Colorburst Powders, Indigo and Ultramine Blue, each into their own gesso.  DO NOT MIX.  I took a paintbrush, in a sweeping motion, painted each color to the background until I achieved the look of a streaky twilight sky. Lay the paint down, create streaks and STOP.  I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  I colored the images with Prismacolor Colored Pencils.  The colors are as follows:  white, light green, grass green, process red, crimson lake, mulberry, indigo blue, sky blue light, true blue and dark umber.  I added highlights using a white gel pen.  Trim the watercolor paper to 4 1/2" x 4".  Trim a layer of golden paper trimmed to 4 3/4" x 4 1/4.  Trim two pieces of blue sparkle cardstock to 3/4" each.  This is a A2 Top Folded card base.  Assemble the card as shown.  Pop up the image panel using white fun foam.  Add embellishments.  If you wish, add Spectrum Noir clear sparkle to the bird and large flower.

Here is Robbie's.
.

When I saw the inspiration photo there were several elements that jumped out at me.  The first was the turquoise color, the second was the white, and the last was the stained glass lines.  Now I am ready to start my card.   I began by using the Rose Plate die from Dies by Dave to cut out the Rose stained glass piece from Basic Black by Stampin’ Up.  I added drops of Mono multipurpose glue from Stampin’ Up to various spots on the back and set aside to dry.  I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock from Stampin’ Up to 3 ½” x 4 ¾”.  I used Snail Adhesive from Stampin’ Up to attach this piece to the card base of Tempting Turquoise from Stampin’ Up.  I took the Rose Plate and glued it to the center of the Whisper White card front.  Using a Tempting Turquoise marker from Stampin’ Up, I colored in various pieces of the roses on the cut out – I used a quick coloring of the space to help highlight the imperfections of color in the stained glass in the picture.  I finished my card with some Tempting Turquoise enamel dots and Basic Rhinestones from Stampin’ Up.  Here is my completed stained glass card. ~ Robbie

Both of those are great and it was a fun week seeing what the new design team members are doing.  Thanks and I can't wait until next month to see what Kim & Robbie create. - Denise


1 comment:

  1. Kim, your card is awesome. I love everything about it! Robbie, I love how you selectively colored areas...very clever.

    ReplyDelete