Monday, August 29, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #29-2016

It is Mistletoe Monday and anything goes (as long as it is Christmas)
Denise experimented with two techniques- 
I purchased a couple of stamp sets from Unity Stamps and couldn't wait to try them out.  The first uses a truck from a set called Old Traditions .  I stamped using Memento ink in Tuxedo.  I then used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color the image and the area behind it.  I used several shades to help make it dimensional looking.  I then put Glossy Accents on the snow flakes and immediately covered them with Spark White Glitter by American Crafts.  It has linger strands in it and makes it look more like flakes.  The sentiment is from Unity Stamps and is called Love Bug Christmas.  I tore the paper around both the picture and the sentiment and inked around the edges with the black ink.  I mounted both using foam dots on plaid paper by The Paper Studio that came from a stack called 12 Days of Christmas. I then mounted that on a Kraft card base. 

This time I stamped the image using Versafine black ink and colored it using a water coloring technique.  I put various colors of Tim Holtz Distress inks on my craft mat and then used wet paint brushes to pick up the color and paint the image.  After it was dry, I put Liquid Pears in white where there were snow flakes.  The image is from a Unity Stamp set called Love Bug Christmas and the sentiment is from Old Traditions.  If you notice, I swapped the sentiments from the two sets for these cards, mainly because I thought each fit better on the space I had. I die cut the image with an Oval stitched die on my Cuttlebug and cut a larger one out of the hounds-tooth pattern paper.  I then mounted that on foam dots on top of the darker paper  Both came from an Echo Park pack called Hello Winter.  After doing these similar images, but with different techniques, I think I like the control I have with the Spectrum Noir markers a little better, but I think they both turned out pretty cute.- Denise Sayers

Let's see what Gracie did - 

Today's challenge was to make any Christmas card.  I cheated.  Hanging head in shame...  Someone gifted me a card -making club monthly kit (Annie's) and I used last month's kit to make the card.  I added a few heat set rhinestones.  Done! ~Gracie  .

If using a kit makes it go together more quickly, then I say go for it 

and it is also a great way to get ideas for other cards. - Denise


1 comment:

  1. Denise, there you go makin' me want to buy more stamps! I just love both cards you made...there's something about an old truck. So evocative of homespun country. Love them! Gracie, no need to hang your head. You shared a cute card. Really like the idea of using simple circles as mountains. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete