Friday, August 19, 2016

Sail Away With Me Blog Hop



If the wind is right you can sail away and find tranquility...



Sailing by Christopher Cross


Now that video should really set the mood for our trip across the water!  Sail away with us to view nautical creations of all kinds by our lovely line up of crafters.  Today's hop should be smooth sailing! If the sails were set correctly you should have arrived from Connie ~ www.conniecancrop.blogspot.com.  Should you veer off course the first stop on your hop is Alicia and she can get you back in the right direction. 


We'd like to say a HUGE THANKS to our sponsor today.


Theresa is giving away a $20 Stampin' Up Gift Certificate to one lucky winner AND
take 10% off any order placed through her (not available on website)
 by August 30th. 
Email her at scrapsbygracie AT gmail.com with your order. 

All you have to do to win this fabulous prize is comment on each of the blogs.
That's it! It really is easy.  
Of course, we would love it if you became a follower too. 

Comment buttons can be found at the bottom of the post (on most of the blogs).
Now on with the hop!

First we have Kimberly with this card
Since I am from New England, Nautical Cards are one of my favorites!  I stamped the Anchor image (Tim Holtz Mariner Blueprint Stamp Set) on watercolor paper with Versamark Ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  I sprinkled Ultramarine Blue and Fuchsia Colorburst onto the paper and sprayed with a lot of water!  Wait about a minute for the colors to mix, then cover with a paper towel.  Air dry.  Trim the watercolor card to 4" x 5 1/4".  Ink edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Chit Chat Sticker.  Add enamel dots. trim kraft cardstock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and adhere to a A2 card base.  Add emamel dots and call it done. - Kimberly

Now for Gracie - 
On every cruise I have been on I have seen at least one lighthouse.  This stamp makes me want to sail away and I am in August!  The stamp is "Lighthouse Collage" from Our Daily Bread. I stamped it on white cardstock with Stazon ink and water colored the image. I tore the edges and inked them with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink then mounted it on blue cs.  I tied some ivory ribbon on and mounted it on a lighter blue cs base. ~ Gracie 

Let's see what Tantalaya did -
This one I used Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set "The Sea". I stamped the sail boat image and the colored it in using the real brush markers from Zig. After coloring it in and adding the sentiment on the bottom left I added some of the Sparkling clear mix from Pretty Pink Posh. - Tantalaya

Angie gives us this fun card -
This card was inspired by my best friend who loves to sail a Sunfish. I chose this adorable sailboat as my focal image, which I colored using Spectrum Noir Coloring Pencils and Gamsol. The Stamp Set is Fun Stamper’s Journey Anchor Me and the patterned paper is from their Nautical Adventures paper pack. I used as bit of twine as an accent on the sentiment.- Angie
This is from Sue 
For my card, I started with a piece of kraft cardstock, Unity Stamps’ Nautical Treasures stamp set and SU’s Early Espresso stamp set. I stamped the two compass-like images in a random fashion. I die cut the anchor using Memory Box’s Majestic Anchor die from silver shimmer cardstock. The banner was cut using Simon Says STAMP Small Folded Banners. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted’s A Little Sentimental stamp set, where I used Versamark ink and silver embossing powder and then heat set it. - Sue

My card inspired by the sea - 
I was just playing with different alcohol inks and was using a technique where you put drops of color on a craft mat along with alcohol blending solution and drag your paper through it.  I decided this looked very stormy, so I added an sail boat and sentiment form Unity Stamps called Set Sail.  I trimmed the paper down and set it at an angle on top of a green mat set at a different angle.  The alcohol colors I used were Indigo, Denim and Lettuce. – Denise Sayers

Finally a fun card that I have done a couple of times-
I have done variations of this cards a couple of times over the past few years when I forgot a birthday.  The ship is cut from the Cricut cartridge called Wall Decor and More.  The background was embossed with a chevron embossing folder.  It is a little naughty, but my adult friends love the pun. - Denise


Your next destination is with Theresa ~ http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com/.  We hope your enjoying your journey!

If the currents have drifted you can find the full line up here:



11 comments:

  1. Ladies, you rocked this challenge! Then again, you always do! Denise those alcohol inks produced such a gorgeous background...never tried them but if I can make a card as beautiful as that, I might have to try. I love the "Oh, Ship" greeting! I couldn't pick a favorite here! Exciting to come here, you get seven cards for the price of one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the design team came up with such beautiful cards for this hop. Thanks to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! so many wonderful cards! the first one! Gracie's! the perfect background on Tantalaya's, Angie's twine is the perfect touch, Sue's background is so awesome! and Denise that blue background is phenomenal! Great cards ladies! Thank each of you for participating!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards from the design team and I love yours as well, Denise! Thanks for hopping with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are just amazing. What a neat technique. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the cards you shared are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cards are unique and all beautiful. I am just in awe of Gracie's card with the gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All wonderful cards ladies and great inspiration to us all. I enjoyed reading how you made them and learned a few new techniques. Thanks for sharing this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ladies made amazing projects!! Just love the variety of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job ladies. All the cards are awesome.

    ReplyDelete