Sunday, October 2, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #34-2016

This Sunday we start a challenge that all of the designers will take.
It is to make a monochromatic card of white, cream, or tan.

Robbie designed this card that has a lot of visual interest even though it is all one color.

Today I have a Clean and Simple monochromatic card for you.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I began with a card base of Whisper White.  I used my craft knife and a cutting mat to cut a slit in the side fold a little larger than my ribbon.  I threaded my 5/8” organza ribbon through the slit and tied a simple bow on the left hand side.  Then using the Flourish thinlits I cut out out 1 large flower, 2 smaller flowers, and 2 leaf sprays from Whisper White card stock.  I attached these to my card base using Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I layered one of the smaller flowers on top of the larger flower to give it some added dimension.  The Bold Butterfly thinlits were used to cut out the small butterfly from Whisper White card stock.  I attached it to my card base using a Glue Dot.  This card is perfect for a wedding or a shower. - Robbie

Kimberly also made a great card of just white layers -

I chose to create a White monochromatic card. I used white cardstock, text and glitter paper.  I used a Spellbinders Die set to cut the layers.  I cut each layer with a different paper and stamped the sentiment in a soft grey.  The sentiment is from Catherine Pooler's Lovely Notes Collection.  The background is white cardstock decorated with a Spellbinders Texture Plate.  The white glitter paper is stunning in real life. A few of the layers are popped up to create additional dimension. - Kimberly

Using just this one color makes for very elegant cards. I can't wait to see more of this challenge next Sunday. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment