Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #35-2016

These rich colors will be used for today's challenge.


Gracie used both the colors and leaves to inspire this creation-


I played with this card for hours.  Literally .   I colored the front panel - nope; didn't  like  it .  I started over and water colored  it - nope; didn't  like  it  either.  Third time was the charm maybe.   I started  over and colored the images with my Spectrum  Noir  markers.  I shaded in some slate gray with a colored pencil and highlighted the branches with BG3.  I added some silver pen accents to the leaves.  I die cut the "big hugs" sentiment from gold cs  (Simon Says) and mounted it on purple cs then fussy cut around it. I added some gold cs on the front for a border and red enamel dots and used a light brown cs card base. Still not happy.  Just one of those days! ~ Gracie  

Tantalaya shows the colors on velum this way - 

This card I got the Technique from Catherine Pooler and used vellum as stained glass. I embossed the flowers in white  and then colored in flowers from behind with spectrum noir markers and then attached it to white card stock and attached that to chocolate crdstock. I then matte it with white paper and attached it to grey card base tieing in all the colors with sequins as well.- Tantalaya

Have fun with these colors - Denise


2 comments: