Saturday, October 22, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #36-2016

If you are looking for the Exploring Family History Blog - click here.

Our inspiration today is this picture of colorful feathers-


The inspiration led me to this-



At first I tried to dye some actual feathers that I find on my morning walks with the dog, but I couldn't get them to look right.  I tried water colors and alcohol inks, but they would dry so that the feather clumped and I didn't have the patience to keep at it.  Instead I stamped a feather from the Local King Rubber Stamp company set called Feather Pleasures on two pieces of velum.  The first using black ink and the second using Versamark followed by gold embossing powder.  After heat setting that I tore the edges of the velum and distressed them with Walnut Distress Ink. I mounted those with the black on the bottom the embossed piece on top onto some craft paper.  I put some wood-grained washi tape on the side and mounted that on a green card base.  The sentiment is from a set called Remembering With You, but I don't know the manufacturer.  I cut it out freehand so that it would fit within the space. - Denise 


3 comments:

  1. Denise, I love, love, love it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, I love, love, love it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew even before I looked at the write-up, this card was made by you. And this card is a real beauty! I love what you did with the feathers and the greeting is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete