Monday, October 17, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #36-2016

The challenge this Mistletoe Monday is to make a Holiday card without a sentiment on the front.


I made this card by die cutting a large snow flake on some foil cardstock I had on hand.  This was a die using my Cuttlebug and I am afraid I don't have the name of it.  I backed the cardstock with a product called StickIt before running it through my Cuttlebug.  This product is great for using on more intricate die cuts because it becomes a sticker and you don't have to use any glue.  I find it is less messy than my Xyron too.  By cutting from the middle of the piece of foil, I could use the remainder as the mat for the pearl blue cardstock on which I placed the die cut.  The smaller flakes were also punched from pieces I cut out of the middle of the foil backing.  It was a small punch that I already had on hand.  It really went together very quickly, but looks very elegant and allows me to put any sort of greeting on the inside, Christmas or just Winter.  I did find out that foil this shiny is very hard to photograph because my reflection keeps showing in it, so that is me you kind of see in the middle. - Denise

It is a great time to start those Holiday Cards.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't Stickit the best for stuff like this? That and Ranger Multi Medium are wonderful additions to my craft arsenal. This card is so pretty...the silver against that blue, just stunning

    ReplyDelete