Thursday, October 13, 2016

Technique Thursday #35-2016

This is the second week for the faux metal technique, so let's see what wonderful creations this week's designers have made-

Gracie liked the technique so much that she created not one, but two cards striking cards -



This is a super easy and fun technique  with beautiful  results!  You need distress inks and perfect pearls powder (a little  goes a long  way).  On the black card I make the rectangle  and sponged in black soot.  I used silver perfect pearls and buffed it into the ink.  Beautiful  shimmer! I embossed  the  whole  panel and love how it looks like an old tin ceiling  tile.  On the second card I used dried marigold and spiced marmalade  with gold perfect pearls.  The silver panel is mounted on a black cs base and the gold on a brown cs base.  I added white panels on the inside to write a note.  I added the "thanks" die cut and some die cut leaves with some metal dots. ~ Gracie  

Faux Metal is such a wonderful technique as Tantalaya also shows with her card-


This technique of Faux Texture Medal was fun and so easy to create. I took masking paper and created an ombre look of blues and then I took Pearl Ex and brushed it over the distress ink focal point. once the extra powder was removed I ran it through an embossing folder and finished it off with matching sequins and a simple Thank you - Tantalaya

As both Gracie & Tantalaya have mentioned, this is really an easy technique and has a very eye-catching result, so try it today. - Denise


2 comments: