Thursday, October 20, 2016

Technique Thursday #36-2016

Our continuing Thursday challenge for October is the technique which looks like faux textured metal.  One of the methods to do this can be found here.




I made this card for a man in our church who can appreciate the humor.  On the inside it says "Remember you are a classic, but not yet an antique."  The metal parts of this card were made by cutting strips 1' wide and 4' long and running those strips through my Cuttlebug using a folder by Lifestyle Crafts called Goosebumps.  I lined them up so that the circles would be centered in each strip.  I then applied Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge over them.  I made sure to vary the intensity of the color The next time I will probably add some pops of brown among it to, so that it looks a little more aged.  I then applied Perfect Pearls in Bronze making sure to rub it in well.  These strips were attached to a background that looks like ledger paper and came from a DCWV stack called Mod Retro.  I distressed the edges with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy.  The stamp for the car and sentiment came from a set called For the Guys by Unity Stamp Company. It is a new set for me but I have already used it 3 times because of the great images for guys. I stamped the car with Versamark and used a Sapphire Blue embossing powder on it.  I cut the ovals around both of the stamps with thin dies on my Cuttlebug, put Distress ink on the edges and popped the sentiment up on foam dots.  The strips have a luster to them that looks really good in person. - Denise

If you don't have Perfect Pearls, there are other ways to achieve the look, so just Google faux metal paper and see what pops up.


No comments:

Post a Comment