Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #38-2016

What a great combination of fall colors for today's color challenge.
Kim used them to full advantage here-


Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration for this card.  I started with a base of Early Espresso and placed a 5 1/2" x 4" panel of First Edition DSP.  Atop that, I placed three 5" x 1" panels of Early Espresso again with Autumn Meadows DSP cut to 4 7/8" x 7/8".  Note:  This DSP had all the colors in the challenge, but the pattern was too large for the pieces I was cutting, so I scanned it into my computer and reduced the size to something more appropriate.  

Across the bottom I placed a 1/2" x 4" strip of Early Espresso and wrapped Linen Thread.  The last step was to punch a scrap of Early Espresso with the First Edition DSP, layered on another punched piece in Early Espresso as the DSP is too thin on its own.   The greeting was created with Alex Brush, color matched to the Early Espresso.

Inside, the sentiment was created with the same Alex Brush with Times New Roman.  I have this "thing" about newsprint papers....I can't seem to just use it without some logical connection.  So I spend much time trying to figure out references to news so I can use this paper.

Hope you like my card.  Perhaps you can come visit me at Katydid Cards to say hello.

Kim always does a great job of making the inside of her cards interesting with the little touches that grab your eye.  Try doing a little more for the inside of your card just like Kim -
Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment