Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #38-2016

The challenge is to use this color palette.

Kimberly makes good use of the colors here-


I love the rich colors in the inspiration photo.  I chose purple, gray and green for my card.
The pattern paper is Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid Winter.  The stamps and dies are from the Lovely Notes SOA collection.  I used the tag die to cut the sentiment panel. The sentiment and Flower is stamped with Memento Grape Jelly dye ink.  The leaves are stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves dye ink.  The accent scallop on top of the tag is a die from the same SOA, colored direct to paper with matching ink and adhered as shown.- Kimberly

Robbie was just as inspired -

I was drawn to the silvery gray, purple, and green for my card.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I began with a card base of Perfect Plum.  I cut the card stock at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I took a piece of Smokey Slate card stock and cut it at 4” x 5 ¼”.  Using the Timeless Textures stamp set and Garden Green ink, I stamped the lower edge and the right side using the peeled paint looking stamp.  I then took the flourish from the set and stamped it with Elegant Eggplant and then stamped it again offset some without reinking it.  I added a strip of Halloween Night Designer Washi Tape.  I tied a piece of Elegant Eggplant baker’s twine around the card on top of the washi tape.  Attach this to your card base.  Stamp your sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts on a piece of Smokey Slate using Elegant Eggplant ink.  Cut it down to fit.  Cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock ¼” larger than your sentiment piece.  Mount the sentiment onto the Elegant Eggplant piece.  Use dimensionals to add your sentiment to the lower portion of the card base.  A shabby card using some unusual colors.- Robbie

I think the color combinations made for some beautiful cards- 
Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment