Monday, November 21, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #41-2016

Glitz and Glamour is our challenge all month for our Christmas cards

These cards are two variations of the same technique.



I don’t do a lot of glitz, but do love how gilding flakes look.  I used a couple of stamp sets from Unity – O Joyous Season and Believe in the Magic.  I stamped the trees and sentiments using two different methods.  On the first I applied Zig 2 in 1 glue wide pen on the stamps and stamped while the glue was still wet.  This glue remains tacky even after it is dry.  The second card was done using the same method, but applying Aleene’s Tack It Over And Over glue thinned with just a bit of water using a sponge brush. This also remains tacky after drying.  Make sure to wash your stamps immediately after stamping so that the glue doesn’t remain on the stamps.  Once the glue is dry I applied gilding flakes and rubbed them in with a Scrub-it.  To make the back grounds, I used the Zig 2 in 1 pens (wide and narrow depending on the size of the areas I wanted to do) and some double sided tape for single lines.  Gilding flakes were then applied to those areas.  I also ended up cutting the sentiments apart so that they would fit on the cards better. Both of these glues worked well, so you can use whatever you have on hand. – Denise

Glitz and glitz some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment