Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #43-2016

Here is today's sketch:

This adorable card comes from Robbie.



The minute I saw this sketch I knew I had the perfect set for those circles.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up except the purple thread.  I began with a card base of Crumb Cake that measured 5 ½” x 8 ½” and was scored on the long side at 4 ¼”.  I used the Softly Falling embossing folder and my Big Shot to emboss the front of the card.  I cut a strip of the This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper – the one with the snowflakes on it – 1” x 4 ¼”.  To make this paper pop on the card base, I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 1 ¼” x 4 ¼”.  The dsp was added to the card stock.  To attaché this strip to the middle of my card front I used some Tear & Tape.  I then used a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and some Elegant Eggplant ink to stamp the mitten from the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set.  I used my 1” circle punch to punch out my 5 mittens.  Next I used the 1 ¼” circle punch and some Elegant Eggplant card stock to punch out 5 circles.  I mounted the mitten circles onto the Elegant Eggplant circles using Snail adhesive.  The circles were attached to the card front using the pattern in the sketch and with Snail or dimensionals.  A bow was tied using the purple thread and added to the bottom of the snowflake strip on the right hand side using a glue dot.  Love the colors of this completed card.

This is a wonderful card and just like in real life, there is never an even number of mittens.- Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment