Sunday, December 4, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #43-2016

Using a colored card base (no white, cream, or kraft paper) is the challenge today-

Robbie uses blue to make a beautiful card that sets off the copper beautifully.


I often use a colored card base so all I had to do was decide which color to use.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I began with a piece of Night of Navy card stock that measured 5 ½” x  8½” and I scored it on the long side at 4 ¼”.  Since I was going to be embossing, I used my Embossing Buddy to avoid stray pieces.  I then used the Paisley & Posies stamp set and inked up my chosen images with Versamark ink.  I stamped them  onto my card front randomly.  I poured some Copper embossing powder on top and heat it with my heat gun.  The matching framelits are great to use with the stamp set.  I chose the flowery framelit and some Copper Foil paper and cut out 2 of the shapes.  I also used the Copper Foil and the Greetings thinlits to cut out the sentiment.  Tombow multipurpose glue was used to put dots of glue on the back of the flowery framelit and the sentiment.  I let the glue set for a few minutes and then attached the flowery framelits to my card.  The sentiment was also added.  My colored base card was finished!

So pick up a color as your next base and have some fun.- Denise

1 comment: