Thursday, December 1, 2016

Technique Thursday #42-2016

This is the final Thursday for our negative space technique.

Sue really rocked this challenge with this great card.


I had not previous tried this technique so it was a bit of an adventure and learning experience for me. I started by using gold embossing powder and Penny Black’s Fresh cling stamp. I also stamped it on a piece of scrap paper and then fussy cut the image. Note to self- chose an easier image to fussy cut with fewer “thin” stem lines. Confession – for the majority of the stems at the bottom of the image, I did not fussy cut them. However, for the stems of the buds at the top – that was more challenging. Once the mask was cut out, I carefully placed it on the embossed image, held in place with post-it tape (which I moved around) and carefully applied distress inks (tumbled glass, salty ocean and faded jeans) with ink daubers. I removed the mask and was pleasantly surprised with the effect. The sentiment, from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks was also heat embossed with gold embossing powder.- Sue

This is really a fairly easy technique and as Sue pointed out, you can just cut a mask from the big white areas and let things such as the stem be since they will resist the ink if they are embossed. Great job Sue.


No comments:

Post a Comment