Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #2-2017

Today's card sketch -


Tantalaya shows us more ways to use her stamp set with this special card -


This sketch I kept everything pretty much as it is setup. I did change one thing. instead of the big leaf I used a prima rose and then added a craft circle to the front for sentiment. This sketch I felt it needed layers so I did use foam tape to lift up sections and give a little bit of dimension. I also used glitter washi tape and where the x's were I added the silver brads.  The only challenging part of the card was figuring out where the sentiment would go. - Tantalaya

I came up with a simple card -


I started by stamping the Eiffel tower in Versafine ink, then stamped over that in a banner stamp that was also in my set but used Ranger Archival Ink in Plum.  Because the black is darker, it appears to be in the foreground even though the Plum is stamped over it.  The Merci was stamped in the same Plum ink.  I decided to tear the edges of the paper to make it look more vintage.  I wrapped the bottom with some multi-color bakers twine I have.  I tried tying a bow with the string, but decided it looked better without it. Since the image was smaller, I used a double mat in blue and maroon that was a close match to the stamp color.  I tore the edges of those too.  The double matting really made a difference and gave it a more finished look. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment