Friday, January 20, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #3-2017

Let's C.A.S.E. this card -

Gracie made a great card  -


Oh my, this stamp set this week went perfect with today's challenge!  I started with white card stock and stamped branches from Inkadinkado Delicate Branches set and the sentiment from Sizzle Jen Long using Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I tore the branches image on a diagonal and sponged the image and torn edge with Tim Holtz Antique Linen.  I mounted the image on a panel of printed card stock and used a strip of card stock left over from earlier in the week as contrast.  I used gray card stock as a base.  The sentiment is mounted on black card stock.  I think this is my favorite card this week~ Gracie  

And my take on the card -

Instead of a scene from the meadow, I made a scene from underwater.  I made a mask for the shell so that when I stamped the sea fan over the shell, it wouldn't stamp on it and would look like the shell was n front of the fan.  I stamped the seahorses in two colors to vary them a little.  The background is embossed with a Spellbinders embossing folder called M-Bossabilities Sea Beauty.  It is a reversible folder and either side would have worked well with the stamp set. A light distressing with Brushed Corduroy on everything and it was done.  I decided not to add a sentiment until I use the card.. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment