Saturday, January 14, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #2-2017

The photo inspirations for Saturday are the hardest challenges for this month since we are using the same stamp set for the week, it limits choices and makes us think outside the box.  Here is today's inspiration- 


Tantalaya used the colors for her card-


After looking at the photo I knew I wanted to create these colors using the blue and browns. I took the little bit of snow covered mountains and put everything on a white card base. I then cut some card stock from sea breeze collection and then I took some specialty paper and cut out the sentiment for the center of the card. to finish it off I added sequins in the browns and blues to tie in more of the colors, and you can't go wrong with added sequins as an embellishment. - Tantalaya


I made a card inspired by the colors too -


I played with my alcohol inks on glossy paper.  The colors were Mermaid, Cool Peri and Indigo.  I just added drops to the applicator and sort of smooshed and turned all over the paper until I liked the look.  I then stamped with Stazon Ink using a stamp from the same Unity set I have used all week (shown on Monday's post).  I then cut the paper in strips and mounted on to a black card base that is folded at the top.  I decided against a sentiment and will probably add a white sheet to the inside to use as just a general note card.  The colors are actually deeper than I could get them to show in the picture.  I love the look of alcohol inks because they really resemble water. - Denise

I looked again at the picture and came up with an entirely different take with this card -


InsideSnow detail.

I looked again at the mountains and decided that one of the stamps looked like a flag that I could put at the peak of a mountain.  I just tore black cardstock in the general shape of the peak of a mountain and attached to blue cardstock.  I colored a toothpick with Distress Ink in Walnut to look like a staff and placed it behind the mountain.  I then took a cool new product I bought called a Snow Marker by Marvy.  You apply it to the surface and then use a heat tool to puff it up.  It really looks like snow.  I added more until I was satisfied with the look.  The inside sentiment tied it together.  It has been interesting to use the same stamp set all week and really made me more creative. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment