Saturday, January 28, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #4-2017

This is our inspiration today -


Using one stamp set for the whole weeks can make the picture inspirations even more challenging, but Sue did a great job.


For my card, I was inspired by pretty blue small flowers in the foreground. I stamped the sentiment with Hero Arts Charcoal shadow ink. Using my MISTI, I stamped the flowers using Hero Arts Field Greens and Cornflower Shadow Inks. The MISTI makes it possible to stamp one colour and then the other colour without the stamps moving. How did I ever live without my MISTI? I matted the panel with blue. For a bit of added interest, I ran the white with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I strip of darker green grounds the card. - Sue

I had an even greater challenge.


DetailInside

I decided that the snow-capped mountain looked like frosting on a cupcake (a stretch, I know) so I went with that.  The Cricut cartridge I have been using most of the week also has this card in it.  I sized it to be able to put the stamped sentiment from my set on the front.  I cut it once using yellow card stock and then used the slice tool to cut the front from the back so that I could cut an inside in brown.  I used a product called a snow pen by Marvy.  It is a puff paint that you use a heat gun on to puff it up after it dries. It took quite a bit to cover this large space, so next time I might see if there is something that is more economical, but it does look like icing (or snow like the mountain). The inside sentiment is from another birthday set that I use a lot of. I drew the lines on the front using a ruler to make them straight and colored the stem of the cherry with the same pen. - Denise



1 comment:

  1. I love both cards. Denise, what a clever interpretation! I think I've got to try that snow pen.

    ReplyDelete