Monday, January 23, 2017

Masculine Monday #4-2017

Sue made a wonderful masculine card this Monday -


To create a masculine card with my chosen stamp set, I worked with blues (which I feel are masculine shades). I started by heat embossing with white embossing powder the flourishes. I then, masked off a 2” panel where I applied with ink blending tools, distress inks (broken china, faded jeans and chipped sapphire). I added the sentiment and matted the card panel on blue.- Sue

My masculine card -

My stamp set has a stamp that looks like a pocket so I decided that I would do a shirt card.  I used paper from an Echo Park collection called Jack & Jill - Boy Collection.  I cut the shape for the pocket on my Explore since the stamp set from CTMH coordinates with a Cricut cartridge called Artiste. I cut it on blue card stock and then stamped it with white pigment ink to look like denim.  (I tried it with the plaid paper and dark ink, but you couldn't read it well.) The rest of the shirt is just triangles for the color and a strip for the front.  Buttons and a red marker for the stitching help make it look more realistic. - Denise

Here is my stamp set for the week - CTMH Artiste Collection- Birthday




1 comment:

  1. Love those blues you used, Sue. Perfect for a masculine card. And Denise! That looks like a real shirt! Loved how you incorporated the stamp to look like a pocket. Such a great card.

    ReplyDelete