Thursday, January 19, 2017

Technique Thursday #3-2017

Emboss Resist is the technique for today.  A quick tutorial can be found here.

Gracie uses this technique a lot and here is another beauty from her.


Well, this challenge was pretty easy as I have been doing the technique most of the week!  Emboss resist is very easy and you can make some very pretty cards.  You need to make sure you have a quality stamped and embossed image.  I used my stamp set of the week (Inkadinkadoo Delicate Branches) and the sentiment is a Sizzix Jen Long stamp. They are stamped with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Inks Milled Lavender, Tattered Rose, and Antique Linen.  I masked off a round area to look like a moon; I wanted the sky to look like dusk.  I added some lavender baker's twine. The card base is a light coral. ~ Gracie  


This turned out to be my favorite card of the week.  I stamped the sea fern several times on white cardstock with Versamark.  I then embossed it with fine black embossing powder. I applied different colors of Distress ink with a blending tool.  The colors I used were Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon and Brushed Corduroy.  I played around with them until I was satisfied and the sprinkled some drops of water over it to react.  I took a different piece of cardstock and stamped the lobster, then embossed it and colored it with watercolor pencils.  I applied water with a brush to soften and blend the color. I then distressed the cardstock with the same method as the background, but used more of the Brushed Corduroy and less blue.  The sentiment was stamped on next and comes from Stampendous' Birthday Assortment. - Dense



2 comments:

  1. Denise I sure wish that stamp set had not been retired! Love your cards this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie, I love how yours all go together, but are all different.

    ReplyDelete