Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Birthday Tuesday #8-2017

Here come some birthday cards 


Today's challenge is making a birthday card and using the same paper pad (I am using Basic Gray's Oh Boy).  If any of you are like me, you need belated birthday cards!  I forget everything!  I started with a digital image of a bear.  I colored her with Crayola pencils and fussy cut her.  I picked the orange paper from the pad - I think it matches her dress and fur.  I mounted the image on gold card stock I made into an easel card.  The sentiment was printed on my computer.  I found some metal studs I put on the card to hold up the easel and to use on her shoes and a clasp for her purse.  I added the pearls for her necklace. ~ Gracie  .

My flowery birthday card-


Inside

There was a page in my paper pack that had this flower with foil accents already printed on it, so I just cut it to fit on the card.  I used a sentiment from a Gina K set called Beyond Baskets.  Since it is a clear stamp, I was able to bend it into a curve to give it a little more interest.  I used a Distress ink to match the blue and then used clear embossing powder on it.  In order for the embossing powder to stick, I inked up the stamp with Versamark before inking the Distress ink.  That allows it to stay sticky long enough to add the powder.  Before I mounted the panel onto a coordinating floral paper, I cut a piece from that floral to use on the inside.  It is a good way to make the inside interesting and not waste any paper. - Denise




1 comment:

  1. Good tip about the Versamark with Distress ink! I didn't know that! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete