Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Birthday Tuesday #9-2017

It's birthday time again and Sue gives us a cheerful start.


I thought that I’d make a birthday card, by stamping directly onto the patterned paper. I used Simon Says STAMP’s Scripty Greetings. I matted the two pieces of patterned paper to make them pop a bit more and added three sequins for some sparkle. I love how the paper pads incorporate papers that work so well together. - Sue

I did something outside my normal comfort zone.


The card open.

The papers from Graphic 45 are so beautiful that often you don't have to do much.  The projects done with them that I see on their blog are usually very elaborate and layered which isn't my style even though I admire those projects.  I decided to to a little layering.  I choose a paper from the 12 x 12 pack that had all kinds of things on it and cut a piece 4.25 x 6 in a corner that included the stamp images at the top.  I then cut a couple of butterflies, another stamp and a couple of birds from the rest of the paper.  I scored the short side of the paper 3/8" and 1/2" from the left edge.  I cut a piece of acrylic 4.25 x 5.5 and stamped the center with the sentiment from CTMH, Gracious Greetings, in Stazon Ink. I glued the birds on the front of the acrylic and attached the two butterflies and stamp with adhesive foam on the patterned paper.  I then glued the acrylic panel to the flap created by the paper on the left side. it gives it a very 3-D look.  I will put a greeting on the back because to do it in the card would ruin the look. It is a lot busier than most cards I do, but I like the look. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment