Saturday, February 4, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #5-2017

We have a majestic Peacock as our inspiration today -


Theresa took those colors and made an absolutely stunning card -


Stamps: Impression Obsession Corner Garden
Catherine Pooler Designs Lovely Flowers
Markers: Zig Clean Color Real Brush

I also used the colors for my card -


For the fist time all month, I had a really hard time using my chosen stamp set to fit into the inspiration photo.  A peacock was out since that wasn't a part of the set, but the colors didn't seem to fit with the grapes or wine ether.  In the end I played around with my alcohol inks and made two panels.  On one, I dropped the ink randomly using a couple of blues, green, and a light brown.  I played a lot and added drops of just alcohol to spread them out too.  On the other panel, I added drips of the green and blue to an applicator and just swiped it across the sheet to make stripes.  I then used a set of nesting dies that I had.  I cut one sheet with every other die, the used the remaining dies on the second sheet trying to keep them evenly spaced with some painters tape while they went through the Cuttlebug.  The sentiment is from the stamp set that I had been using, so I was able to keep with the one set all week.  I used Yupo paper which does well with alcohol inks. - Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment