Thursday, February 2, 2017

Technique Thursday #5-2017

Today's technique is to use heat embossing on velum.

Theresa did a card that is a reminder of a something that touches too many lives. 

Embossed Vellum
Stamps: Cas-ual Fridays Hope Ribbon
Ink/Embossing powder: MFT Razzle Berry
Versa Mark, Ranger White EP

Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh Calling All Sisters Mix

I continued with the my same stamp set for the week.

I started by stamping the grapes, leaves, and sentiment on a piece of velum with Versamark and then heat embossed with Zing gold embossing powder.  I then colored on the opposite side with Spectrum Noir markers.  I tore around the edges and distressed the edges with Distress ink in Brushed Corduroy (also from the back).  I took a dark purple card stock and stamped the grapes in a random pattern with the Versamark and just let it dry to create a watermark effect.  I tore around the edges of that paper and glued the velum on top of it.  If you put adhesive on the back where the images and writing are, it won't show through the velum.  I distressed the edges of the card base and put the layers on top.  I forgot how much I like the coloring from underneath on the velum.  It gives it a translucent look and you don't have to be perfect with your coloring. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment