Thursday, February 9, 2017

Technique Thursday #6-2017

Today's technique is a special card fold called a diagonal double pocket.  The how-to can be found here.

Kimberly really enjoyed this fold and it shows in her wonderful card and inserts.

The inserts

This card base was easy and super fun to create.  Please consider giving this technique a try.
The card base is created with an 8 ½ x 11 inch paper.  Since my paper pad contains 6x6 papers, I needed to get a bit creative and think outside the box.  Here is what I did.  I used a piece of white 8 ½ x 11 card stock to create the base.  Then, I cut pieces of paper from the pad and adhered to each layer.  It came together quite nicely.  The tag is Casual Friday, die three times from the same white c/s as the base.  I decorated the tags with stamps from Avery Elle’s Fabulous Florals set.  The set offers three sentiments, one for each tag.  The flower and leaves on the front are from Petaloo and are designed to be custom colored.  I left them white so as not to compete with the patterned papers. - Kimberly

I made some bookmarks as my inserts-


The bookmarks

I am making Valentine's cards and this one is for my coffee-loving, book-loving daughter-in-law.  The paper I used is one sided, so I inserted another paper in one of the pockets to give the two different looks.  Another issue I had was that the cardstock I used out of my paper pack had a glitter pattern on it, so even though I scored it, it didn't want to fold in a nice neat way.  In the end it turned out OK.  The front image and sentiment were stamped on velum and then I rubbed CTMH ink on the back after I masked off the heart to keep it clear.  The bookmarks were stamped then distressed with dye inks.  I used some raffia ribbon at the top of each.  The stamps used were all from Unity and included Love to Go, Stack of Stories, and Unexpected Places. This card would be great to hold other things such as gift cards too. - Denise 






2 comments: