Thursday, February 23, 2017

Technique Thursday #8-2017

Today's technique is a fairly simple fold called a gatefold card.

Gracie does a great job with these types of cards.



I enjoy gatefold cards.  This card is pretty simple.  I offset the center fold.  I used  the paper pad of the week and chose 3 patterns.  The robot is a digital  image from Deary Dolls.  I wrote the sentiment  on my computer.  The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and only 1/2 of the robot is attached to the left side of the card and 1/2 of the sentiment to the right making the gate,  I added 3 gray enamel  hearts.  I also added the chevron paper to the inside of the card. ~ Gracie  

I have not done this type before, but came up with a masculine birthday card.


Inside

I stated with a piece from my card stack for the week and cut it 5 /12 by 8.  I then scored it on the long side at the 2 and 6 inch marks to make the fold.  I cut two squares in the blue pattern at 2 3/4 and another two of the lighter pattern at 2 1/2 . I added some liquid pearls on the dots and then added a couple of thin strips of a brown patterned paper to give some interest. For the front I stamped the car and a sentiment from Unity's set called For the Guys.  I then took a fine black marker and drew just inside the inner square to set it off.  I attached it to the left half of the card centering it on the front.  I then stamped the other squares and attached them on the inside aligning it with the front diamond.  That made a nice finished look.  A sentiment on the inside from Fiskars stamped on the light patterned paper and matted on the same brown paper as the front to tie it all together. - Denise

1 comment:

  1. Well, I just love Gracie's card. Such a cute image and showcased so nicely. And, Denise, for never having done a card like this before you managed to teach me something new. I've never thought to make my medallion double-sided and I love the idea. Thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete