Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Birthday Tuesday #12-2017

Birthdays seem to come all too often and Gracie has one of her signature easel cards to show us.


Today I flipped through my Scraprack and found a key.  There were 4 of them.  Shameful.  The key looks old and well traveled so I dug out a stencil set from Firefly called Style Travel.  I sponged the stencils with Antique Linen Frayed Burlap, Rusty Hinge, and gathered twigs.  I also used an embossing folder for more texture (crackle).  The card base is brown cs; I used a strip of burlap on the inside to place my sentiment.  It is cut from an embossed panel and lightly sponged with Frayed Burlap. ~ Gracie  

My card took on an Oriental touch.

Inside

Okay, confession time.  Part of the Totally Tiffany organizing thoughts are to date your paper pads or kits on the back (along with what you pay for them).  As you use papers you put a tick mark on it so that you can see if you are really saving money by buying a whole pad of paper.  According to the date on the back of the DCWV pack called The Far East Stack, I purchased it in August of 2014 and had used 1 piece out of it.  Yikes!  It is such beautiful paper, I don't know what I am saving it for, so here is a card using parts of 4 different sheets.  I wrote on the front piece with my Explore using a Perfect Medium pen which allowed me to use gold embossing powder on it and still make it personal. The inside was stamped with a set from Club Scrap called Moroccan Spice Greetings.  I also used some gold washi tape in the middle of the cream piece and added three enamel dots to complete it. - Denise
P.S.  I am out of the habit of putting the dates on the back of my new paper pads, but really need to start again.  Maybe it would discourage me from buying more, but probably not, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment