Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #9-2017

The card sketch today makes good use of different papers.


Sue's card combines various papers from her pack for this pretty card.


This card was a bit of a challenge for me. I easily chose the coordinating patterned papers but was a bit stuck with what to do with the focal point – the oval. I cut the oval with Creative Memories’ Custom Cutting system. I chose to use a large sentiment, from Essentials by Ellen’s Bold Blooms stamp set accented with flowers and leaves from Paper Smooches’ Botanicals 3 stamp set, using colours from the floral paper. I added black enamel dots to the centres of the flowers to finish off the card. To separate the white oval from the white patterned paper, I drew dash marks around the oval. - Sue

I love how the papers from a pack coordinate so well.


I flipped the design on its side and used a strip of stamp designs from one of the papers across the top.  The rectangle is from the same page.  Instead of the oval, I let it be the design and sentiment.  That sentiment is actually from two different sets by Unity, Face the Sunshine and Beautiful Life, Blessed Memories.  Getting the second part to fit on the card required me to do partial stamping by masking off the parts I didn't need on each line and using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line everything up.  It really is a must especially for rubber stamps.  The great thing about Graphic 45 papers is that they are so pretty you only have to assemble them in a good design to make a great card which doesn't take too long. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment