Friday, March 3, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #9-2017

It's time for C.A.S.E. a card.

How would you C.A.S.E. this?

Sue chose geometric patterns for her card.


For this card, I cut out of two different papers, 4 – 1.25” squares and for the background, 2 – 2 5/8” squares. I adhered the two larger squares so that they were offset and then adhered the smaller squares, alternating between the papers. TIP: Do not completely adhere the first square, as you’ll need to slide the part of the last square under the first square. I found a nice larger enamel dot for the centre. The sentiment is from Stampin Up’s Made for You stamp set. I punched out the sentiment oval with Stampin Up’s 1 ¾”x7/8” oval punch and matted it with a piece of turquoise cardstock punched with Stampin Up’s oval punch. I completed the card with some ribbon. - Sue

I did a couple of cards.


I started by using the monochromatic scheme that the original used.  I cut two pink squares at 3 1/8" and attached them at a 45 degree angle from one another.  I then cut four squares each of the two patterned papers and attached them to the larger squares leaving a small border.  I put a brad through the center to finish it and mounted it on a 5 x 7 card base. I cut a piece of the darker pattern to place on the bottom and wrapped the ribbon around it before mounting it on the bottom of the base. - Denise


I decided to do another card using a more contrasting pattern but doing it exactly like the first one using a chipboard square from that came from the same collection as the paper for the center. The second one did go together more quickly so I like making two of the same card to keep in my stash. I still am not sure which I like better. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment